Monday, January 12, 2009

How to get Summer 2009 eye shades for free!


One of the big trends in eye make up for summer 2009 is the smokey pastel eye. Pastel is a huge trend with many of the big make up brands. Make up in general for this season is going toward a lighter, feminine look with radiant skin being the most important aspect of it. I'll give you a tip later on how you can create the see through base that covers a bit but lets your skin glow naturally through it - from what you already have in your make up bag!


To create the pastel colours for Summer 2009 too you only need what's already in your make up stash. We learned at an early age that if you mix a bright colour with white or a light colour you'll end up with a light version of it. Adding the bright colour or the white until it is the shade you're looking for is easy. You'll end up with two shades of the same colour - perfect for making the new smokey pastel eye!

Here's how I blended brighter eye shades with white eye shade to create a pastel shade.


I took a darkish purple shade I bought for Winter 2008 and blended it with a white shade on a sheet of paper. Then I put the result into a small jar I had in my travel set.


I did the same with my blue eye shade to create a lighter blue shade. The new shades are quite loose so it's a good idea to put some on your sponge brush and then smudge it a little in the palm of your hand. Tap off the excess to avoid your cheeks getting sprinkled with eye shade.



I'll also make a post on how I do the smokey pastel eye for summer 2009, using these new lighter shades I have created for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment