Monday, January 12, 2009

How to do the Summer 2009 Daytime Smokey Pastel Eye - with whats already in your make up bag



Here's how I do the Daytime Pastel Smokey Eye. This look is a muted version suited well for for going out into the revealing bright light and looks fresh and healthy. Purple is one of the hottest eye make up colour for summer 2009 so I've chosen to use the pastel purple I created. In my last post you saw how you can create your Summer 2009 pastel eye shades from what's already in your make up bag. Use what you have - you don't need a liquid eye liner if you don't have it.
Just be careful with other people's eye make up. Don't borrow eye make up or let other people borrow yours. If they have an eye infection brewing the make up will transfer it to you. Also throw away the eye make up you wore when an eye infection started (if you've had one) as the bacteria may live in the make up and re-infect your eyes.



First, I applied a neutral base all the way up to the eye brow. Blend with a brush.


Then I applied the pastel purple shade to the lid up into the globe line. This is the shade I created for free. Also apply it under the lower lashes, from the middle to the outer corner. If you want a more intense look do the lower line with the darker purple instead. Blend.


Next, I put the darker purple in the globe line and a little higher than that on the outer half. Blend well again.


Time for eye liner. I use a liquid liner. I have to smudge it well using cotton tips. I also put a little white eye shade on the inner corner of my eye.


Then I apply dark brown mascara as I've got a light skin tone. This is an everyday version of the pastel smokey eye. I'll make a post on how to create the Pastel Smokey Eye for Nighttime a little later.
Do you have another method for creating the smokey eye? Leave a comment or send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment